Wednesday 2 November 2011

LSWR 48' Brake Lav. Tri-Comp. - Part 6



Two attempts to make the under-frame. Problem was the solebars that I initially made from card but proved too flimsy. When I scoured my scrap box for ideas I found some double o code 100 flat bottom rail and surprise, surprise it virtually matched the required style and dimensions. The wide flat bottom even looks like the full length step board of the prototype.



Parts for the entire coach, except the bogies, have been hand made from materials already in my possession.



For the under-frame only the most noticeable fittings have been modeled; floor (aluminium), gas tanks (balsa), vacuum pumps (plastic sprue) , V hangers and trusses (brass sprue), buffers (hornby oo track pins) and coupling hook (copper wire), all held together with Superglue.



The final part in this series deals with the roof fabrication.



To Final Part



To Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment