Saturday 12 March 2016

End of Day 1

So the end of day 1, at the Basingstoke Model Railway Show.

Our layout was pretty busy all day, with many visitors trying to work out where about the Thornycroft factory used to be in relation to the buildings and road that are there today. With a few telling us stories about the factory, railway line and the lorries that were made back in the day.

I Managed to quickly run around the show and these layouts (below) stood out for me (with my particular interests in small scaled modelling).

Top left and right: Bottle Kiln Lane 
Bottom Left: Plas Halt
Bottom Right: Llangerisech

Obviously apart from Thornycroft, I think Bottle Kiln Lane wins it for me today. I think the detail, and the way the railway sits in its surroundings is something I had not really seen before, watching the train through the overgrown shrubs and trees. The detail in the kiln was also impressive - I liked it.

Back again tomorrow (Sunday 13th March) - So hope to see you there.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment